Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Action!

There are many, many things to be done, and I am very excited!!

First I am in the process of making a final project for my Book Making class. I haven't gotten the core idea of it down yet, but I am brainstorming and doing research. It may be a narrowed down topic, such as genocide in Sudan, but ideally, I want it much more than that. It will be a time line with information, expression, and illustrations with emotion and logic. I would love to include many countries in the mix, such as the DRC, Uganda, Somolia, Kenya, Sudan, Rwanda, etc. though I would feel terrible if I did leave something out, because it is a lot of research, but none-the-less, I want it to be about awareness, social justice, and how America should be apart of the international community. I have a month or two, so I'll report back!

Second on the agenda, ah! The awareness is growing! Capture Joseph Kony! And the Lord's Resistance Army must be stopped. 2012!:

Thirdly, thanks to interested friends, I am participating in One Million Bones!
This Wednesday (tomorrow) will be one of many times that a bunch of us will get together and make bones that will be displayed in a few months in SLC, Utah to ramp things up for when the event combines all 50 states. Then, in the spring of 2013, the event will turn national, and one million bones will be displayed at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. as a symbolic grave demanding an awareness and an end to genocide.

What an exciting time to fight and stand for something! Awareness is growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment